Wednesday, February 27, 2008

FIGS!
Hi there! Sorry I haven't been posting much lately, though I do have what I consider to be a good reason... See, I like to post delicious food pictures for you all, to keep you inspired and make sure you know how scrumptious raw food is. But I haven't been making too much scrumptious food recently, because nature's been making it for me, in the form of all the different varieties of incredible summer fruits.
And the one I've been loving the most is figs! Aside from the fact that figs are ridiculously yummy and also good for you, around here, they're FREE!



Here is me, in the fig tree that's in our garden. Well, the actual tree is growing just the other side of our back fence but as you can see, I am within our property (on the roof of the guinea pig enclosure, to be exact) in this shot. But that's not the only place I get free figs. There are 2 other trees within 2 minutes walking of our house, which I frequent regularly. All 3 are different varieties of figs, though I'm yet to figure out exactly what variety. There are really fig trees just about everywhere! And I love it!
I will get some close-up fig pics for you soon, to get everyone drooling. Oh and I do have a brand-new, scrummy recipe planned, so I'll post pics of that too!
Have a great day everyone!

10 Comments:

At 8:26 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh I am so jealous. I love figs but they're expensive. I think I'd eat a billion of them if I could have them for free.

 
At 10:28 pm, Blogger Jennie said...

Hmmmm, me thinks a visit to your house must be in order Freedom! How is your mum doing now?

xoxoxo

 
At 12:10 am, Blogger Unknown said...

That's a nice fig tree.

 
At 10:58 am, Blogger Everyday Superhero said...

Hi there,
Just wondering if you could suggest any raw "cookbooks". There seems to be quite the extensive list.

 
At 1:27 pm, Blogger Theresa said...

I did the same thing with mangoes at the start of the season--everyone we came across, we ransacked!

 
At 7:02 am, Blogger urban vegan said...

Wowee--and I was excited becuase my bonsai fig tree produced tinier-than-pea figs!

 
At 11:26 am, Blogger Billy said...

Mmm, figs! I lived in Australia for six months (Maroochydore in the Sunshine Coast). I never made it to Perth, though.

Added you to my blog.

 
At 9:50 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Freedom,

Yumm! I think I'll be visiting your place :)

Hope you bring some to the picnic next week (was that a subtle hint? :P )

Cya soon! Kate

 
At 2:18 pm, Blogger Freedom said...

Thanks to everyone who has left a comment!

Hi Emmie, You know, whenever a new fruit comes into season I tell myself I'm going to keep count of how much I eat, but I never remember. At a guess I've probably had 500+ figs so far.
I'd share them with you if I could!!

You're welcome anytime lovely Jen! I know you need a holiday... come visit me, lol! Mum's having a bit of trouble due to her salicylate intolerance meaning the fruits she can eat are quite restricted, but she is perservering!

Cookiemouse, that is the cutest little pic!

TVND - You're right, there's a huge list! It totally depends what you're looking for but I love Shazzie's book, Juliano's RAW, Ani's Raw Food Kitchen... and of course you can get my very own e-book for the bargain price of $12AU! Just drop into my etsy shop (scroll back a few posts for the address) and grab a copy!!

Hey Theresa, lucky you! WA has had a pretty bad mango season this year, but I have gorged myself on so many other scrummy fruits.

UV, I didn't know bonsai fig trees existed. That's so cool! I'd be impressed by tiny little figs too!

Hey Billy, I've never been to that part of Aus but I've heard it's beautiful. The weather here in WA is awesome!

Hey Kate, talk soon! You know you're welcome for a fig feast anytime!!

 
At 4:57 pm, Blogger devin said...

https://my.desktopnexus.com/tison001/
http://www.folkd.com/user/tison001
http://www.23hq.com/mike001/a/about
https://www.couchsurfing.com/people/mike-tison-1

 

Post a Comment

<< Home