Wednesday, December 05, 2007

A Sandwich. (aka, things I wouldn't normally eat!)



No, it's not a cooked sandwich. But you didn't even consider that it would be, did you? No, this sandwich is made using the Black Sesame Sunflower Bread from my new raw recipe book, 'Ani's Raw food Kitchen' by Ani Phyo. The reason this is something that I wouldn't normally eat is that it had lots of seeds in it (though I omitted the sunflower seeds, as well as the garlic and added lots of tomato) and it is a lot of dehydrated stuff to have in one meal. Oh and also there was avocado on the sandwich, so it was pretty bad food combining with the seeds + avo. But I felt like eating it! The recipe appealed to me as soon as I got the book, and doubly so because I had almost a full jar of black tahini sitting in the fridge that I didn't know how to use because the flavour is so strong and bitter. I bought it about a year ago when the concept of pre-prepared raw food really excited me, which it no longer does... so this was a great opportunity to use it. Because I used the tahini rather than actual black sesame seeds, as the recipe calls for, the bitter flavour was spread throughout the whole bread not isolated. But it wasn't too strong and overall the bread was really nice!
It was also super fun to pick it up and eat like a sandwich! It held together really well and had a very 'bread-y' consistency, in my opinion! I has chopped lettuce, tomato, snow pea sprouts and avocado on there, by the way. For anyone transitioning to raw food looking for something that really resembles cooked bread, I highly recommend this! And I think I may even make it again, sometime next year probably. I wonder how long black tahini lasts in the fridge...lol!

Have a rawsome day everyone!

8 Comments:

At 12:17 am, Blogger Jen said...

Beautiful sandwich photo, Freedom! I've really enjoyed the recipes of Ani's that I've tried - especially the Almond-Ginger Nori Rolls. (If you search for Ani Phyo on the fuel part of my blog, there are a few entries). I love her uncooking shows on the website, too! Happy summer! (It's cold, cold, cold where I am)

 
At 2:18 am, Blogger LizNoVeggieGirl said...

wow, that Black-Sesame-Sunflower Bread looks quite scrumptious!! As do the contents of your sandwich :0)

 
At 7:24 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ummm, Freedom. That looks delicious!

 
At 8:58 am, Blogger Green Eyes, Green Heart said...

What brand of dehydrator do you use?

 
At 7:24 pm, Blogger Anthony said...

Love the idea of the Black-Sesame-Sunflower bread...Sandwiches might be one of the keys for transitioning. There's just something about holding a sandwich and taking a big bite. Nice post!

-Rawmodel

 
At 4:56 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i MISSED YOU

SUVINE.

 
At 12:37 pm, Blogger John said...

cheap jordan shoes
cheap jordans
soccer shoes
adidas store
rockies jerseys
david yurman jewelry
ed hardy outlet
air jordan 4
cheap air max
moncler pas cher
yolo

 
At 12:19 pm, Blogger yanmaneee said...

supreme clothing
air max 95
yeezy boost
golden goose sneakers
michael kors outlet online
off white clothing
kobe shoes
nike air max
adidas stan smith
michael kors handbags

 

Post a Comment

<< Home