Wednesday, November 14, 2007

What to Talk About?



I think it's a bit sad that it has taken Vegan MoFo to motivate me to write more often, but on the other hand I'm glad it has because I have really wanted to become a more regular poster for ages. It is also convenient that it coincided with me finishing my official university year (I do still have some exams to do, but I don't have to go in every day anymore).
So anyway, now that I'm posting, what should I talk about? Well, today I'm going to talk about the coleslaw I made a couple of nights ago. If you remember about a week back, I made my Dad some raw coleslaw to go with his cooked vegan dinner and I sampled a little as I was preparing it - I was blown away! It was soooooooo yummy! So on Monday night I re-created it for myself and filled a nice big bowl. It was really tasty...at first. But to be completely honest with you, it was just too... dry. There was cucumber in the 'mayonnaise' but apart from that there was no (non-sweet) fruit in this meal - normally my salads have loads of tomato, cuke, capsicum, some avocado etc, which makes them really hydrating, but I just felt dried out after I finished this. So, I'm sure it would still be nice, but next time I'll have it alongside a nice leafy green salad. Oh and the recipe will be going in my e-book, so I'm afraid I won't be posting it here but for the small price of $12AU you can buy my e-book when it is ready in a few days!

Have an awesome night guys!

1 Comments:

At 2:12 pm, Blogger LizNoVeggieGirl said...

sorry to read that the salad ended up being too dry - I'm sure next time it will come out perfectly!!

ooh your recipe e-book sounds fabulous - how exciting!! :0)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home