Monday, November 12, 2007

Delicious Purple Goo



I didn't get off to a very good start with VeganMoFo, did I? But I have a good reason! I couldn't use the computer for long yesterday morning because for some reason it decided that it no longer had a CD drive (which it clearly did!) so my Dad was busy trying to fix that. Then we went to the Walk Against Warming, which you can read about here. Estimates say that between 5 and 8 thousand people turned out here in Perth and I'm proud to say that my parents and I were 3 of those people! AAND we did it in 36 degree (that's C, not F) heat. Personally I love the heat but not everyone else was so enamoured, so it was an even more impressive turnout! After the walk I helped out at the WIlderness Society stand for a while, then rode my bike home. All the way home. It was a LONG way but it felt so awesome to know I'd done it! Unfortunately I can't tell you exactly how far I rode... although my parents bought me an awesome bike computer for my birthday it seems they bought a rather cheap bike computer (fair enough, after they spent so much on my ethical clothes, lol!) and it fell off and got lost the second day I used it. But I'm thinking it was around 30km.

Now, some good news for you guys... my raw recipe e-book, called 'Raw Recipes Fit For a Princess,' is almost finished! It is a 'salads and dessert' book but you get two bonus meals, some info on sprouting and a general 'why raw' section too. It's not 100% finished but I think there's going to be 25 recipes when it's done - I know it's small, but this is my first offering! What I want to know is how much I should charge... how much people are willing to pay? I don't want anyone to go "hey I'd really like that but I can't afford it" - raw food is for everyone not just those with lots of cash to spare! I am thinking $12 (AU) which is about $10.90 (US). You will get the e-book e-mailed to you as a Word document, complete with scrummy colour photos. I want to hear other people's opinions on this, please - how much will you pay for my e-book?!

Anyway, I'll just say a quick word about the photo above... I ate this on Saturday night. The recipe is in the e-book, I was going to call it 'Delicious Purple Goo' in there but decided against it, lol. You'll have to buy it to see what it is called! ;-) It was veeeeeery yummy!
Have an amazing day everyone!

4 Comments:

At 1:17 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome about the ebook! I would buy it. $12 is a good price, I'd be happy to pay that. And your purple goo looks yummy :)

 
At 3:22 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd absolutely pay $12, what a bargain! I'm curious to know what you renamed the recipe to -- Delicious Purple Goo sounded awesome.
And PDF is the best format to use. Not everyone has Word. Happy to help convert it if you like.

 
At 4:38 pm, Blogger Freedom said...

Excellent news Kate, it should be ready to go soon... AND, wonderful Jennie (raw sensation) is going to stock it in the RP shop! *SQUEE* (That's an excited noise!)

Thanks Jono - a friend is already going to help me convert it to PDF, so that's taken care of, but thanks for the heads up!

 
At 9:35 pm, Blogger Jennie said...

Hey Freedom, I'm so happy about your ebook. I can't wait to get it in store. If you email it to me I'll put it in PDF format for you. It's easy done.

Love the purple goo!!!

xoxoxox

 

Post a Comment

<< Home