Thursday, October 25, 2007

It's my Birthday (and I'll fly if I want to!!;-)
I was my birthday last Friday - I turned 19 (if you're attentive, you'll realise that was indeed the 19th. I was very excited about that - once in a lifetime!) I had an absolutely fantastic day, I couldn't imagine how it could have been any better! Should I tell you all about it? I began my day at 5:55am, it was already sunny and lovely when I got up. I fussed around for about half an hour, making my bed, cleaning the cat's dirtbox, doing my daily oil gargling, then I went and threw myself onto my parents bed no differently than the way I did when I was turning 9, lol :-)
I already knew what my two major presents were, as I picked them out a couple of weeks ago - a gorgeous green jacket made of a hemp/flax blend, and a pair of lovely pink trousers (to be pyjama pants). Both were bought from the amazing shop Ethical Threads, owned by a lovely vegan couple and stocked entirely with cruelty free, enviro-friendly products (no sweat shops!!) In addition to these, I got some lovely things that my parents bought back from their recent trip to Bali - another pair of pants, three beaded bracelets and some spoons and forks made out of coconut shell (COOL!!) They've also bought me something on e-bay that hasn't arrived yet, and are becoming a bit concerned about. I have a big guess on what it is - a bike computer (to tell you how fast your travelling, how far you've gone etc). When it comes, I'll let you know if I'm right.

Anyway, after the present opening I fussed around a bit more, making up a batch of seiten for my parents (I usually make a weeks worth on Fridays) and cleaning out the rats and doing a few other things. Then I headed out on my bike to my favourite Mulberry tree (on public land next to the soccer pitch) - they are the nicest Mulberries going and they are FREE!! Yum! I feasted massively then went to get my parents fruit and veg for the week (carried in the bike trailer). I spent most of the day on my 'personal chef' job, which was fun as always, then (here's what you've been waiting for!) I made dinner for my parents and I. Now, I cook for my parents every night but we never eat together (mum first, then dad, then me). So I said that for my birthday I wanted us all to eat together at the table. And dad had to eat raw food (mum has mega food issues - she had pasta [vegan, as always]). And dad did eat raw food, and he enjoyed it. So here it is:


Dad had guacamole stuffed mushrooms along with the mixture from the 'Wild Fajitas' recipe in Shazzie's Detox Your World. He liked the stuffed mushies, but he REALLY liked that Fajita mixture. Oh by the way Dad LOVES mushrooms in all forms.


I, on the other hand, do not like mushrooms. So I had the guacamole Dad had, but on a mound of lettuce.


We also had flax crackers, corn crackers and yummy dip.

It was all sooooo good - some terrible food combining there but it was delicious. My hilarious Dad finished it and said "I can feel myself detoxing already, lol :-) (And he didn't even know the recipe came from Detox Your World!)


And then later on we had cake.


Need I say more?


I made it, but my Mum did the decorations :-)

Anyway, I have to go. I'll be back shortly with more birthday stuff. Have an awesome day!!

11 Comments:

At 9:45 am, Blogger Theresa said...

Happy birthday! It sounds like a great way to spend the day.

 
At 11:15 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Belated birthday.

Hoping all your dreams come true

Emxx

 
At 8:24 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi happy birthday! just wondering if you have a juicer and if so what sort? i'm looking at doing a juice fast next month as i make the change to vegan
thanks michaela :)

 
At 5:29 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey happy birthday Vegan Princess! sounds like you had a wonderful day!

 
At 8:53 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

Happy Birthday!
Your cake looks yummy!

 
At 9:01 pm, Blogger Jennie said...

Hey Freedom, Been to long since I was here. Congrats on the great job! How awesome is that? Well done.

Happy birthday also. You are looking so healthy and vibrant. I love the photo of you holding the cake.

Your hair is looking fab!

xoxoxxo

 
At 9:41 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Belated birthday!!

 
At 10:42 am, Blogger Crystal said...

happy birthday! That food looks sooo good. And I had an avocado salad just like that one last night. Whats the cake made out of?
btw, you look pretty in the picture :)

 
At 8:41 pm, Blogger Freedom said...

Thanks Theresa, it was indeed a wonderful day!
P.S How's all the lush summer fruit up there? I was drooling over your black sapotes recently...

Thankyou Em... my dreams come true every second of every day! :-)

Hey Micheala, thanks for the birthday wishes. I'm not the person to ask on juicers, I rarely drink them and am really a smoothie person. Angela Stokes did a 92 day juice feast earlier this year (the link to her blog is in my sidebar, called Raw Reform) and she didn't use a juicer, she blended the fruit and veg in her vitamix then squeezed it through a nut milk bag. Have a read of that for some ideas, good luck with your juice fast!

Thankyou and welcome, Michele and vegan stiletto, hope to see you around here again!

Thankyou thankyou and thankyou my beautiful Jen jen! Personally I think I look quite washed out in the photo cos of the flash - I'm even more vibrant in real life, lol! :-)

Thanks Johanna!!

Thankyou Crystal, it was indeed yummy food!! I'm afraid I can't reveal what the cake was made of - I will be writing a raw food mini e-zine later this year (well, what's left of it!!) and the recipe will be in there. It won't cost too much, so you can buy a copy when it's done!

 
At 8:33 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy belated bday!! that food looks awesome and ur looking soooo good!!!

 
At 3:25 am, Blogger bazu said...

Happy belated birthday! I feel so bad that I've been out of the blog loop for so long and am only now catching up!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home