Saturday, March 03, 2007

HELLOOOOO!
Hi Everyone! I'm so sorry it's been 13 whole days since my last post! That's terrible! Nothing either terrible or particularly exciting has happened to cause my absence, except the fact that I went back to university to start my second year of veterinary science and it is already really full on. But I promise that from now on I'm going to try and post twice every week!

Not a whole lot else has been going on in my life in the two weeks since I last posted, except maybe the fact that I am rolling in the most AMAZING, INCREDIBLE, DELICIOUS, STUNNING mangoes. I have tasted a lot of mangoes in my life so far but I can tell you that until you have eaten a home grown mango, you have not had a really really good mango. Unfortunately they aren't home grown by me, but I befriended a lady who has a huge tree in her garden so I have been eating literally mounds of them. Oooh I want some now! I was going to take some pictures of them in all their yummy glory but I was too busy stuffing them in my face, lol! I will take a picture in a few days when I have some more.
Until then, you'll have to be content with these few pictures:



This is the first Shazzie recipe I've made in a while - I've been so busy eating masses of fruit that I haven't felt inclined to actually make a recipe. It is called Seaside Smoothie and while I didn't eat it by the seaside, it was delicious! The slight bluish tinge too it comes from the spirulina in it, which was a very nice addition!



Here are some little mushroom pizzas I made tonight - they would look better and be easier to eat if I could use those big field mushrooms but this was all I could get at the organic market this morning. They were amazingly stunningly delicious, I might post the recipe on my other blog sometime soon.



Lastly we have my 'dinner' from a week ago on Friday, grapes garnished with grapes, lol!! :-) My family never normally eats together but I thought it might be nice so I put a tablecloth out and my parents sat down. My dad nearly exploded with laughter when I put my dish on the table... then mum said "we don't have to sit here until you've finished eating a whole kilo of grapes do we?" (She was being humourous, of course). So we 'adjourned to the sitting room' (aka went to the lounge room and watched South Park) as soon as my parents had finished. It was nice to have dinner together.

Okay, I have to go study now. Promise I'll post again soon!!

7 Comments:

At 1:49 pm, Blogger bazu said...

Your food looks delicious. I've been reading a lot of Aussie blogs with mangoes lately, and am getting a bit of mango envy! Your smoothie is very pretty- I like to put spirulina in my smoothie too, but if I put too much it tastes "fishy" and I can't drink it. I'm going to eat raw for a month this summer-that's when I will have access to good organic produce- seeing the fruits on your blog makes me wish summer would hurry up and get here already!

 
At 7:25 pm, Blogger Jennie said...

Oh Freedom. Those pizzas. Mmmmm. I've got some mushies in my fridge... I think you've just given me inspriration for our dinner tomorrow night. Clever girl! Thanks for posting.

xxoo

 
At 11:46 am, Blogger Valerie Winters said...

Great Blog. Love your photos. That smoothie looked yummy!
VW

 
At 11:39 pm, Blogger Pea said...

having a sit down dinner is great hey freedom! :) just had one with friends, but gonna do one with the family! it's been a long time :)

 
At 12:35 pm, Blogger urban vegan said...

Your parents are porbably so happy--at least they dont have to prod you to eat your fruits & veggies!

 
At 12:38 pm, Blogger Candi said...

Oh mangoes! You are so lucky, Freedom! :) :) The smoothie looks great!

I would love to read what is in those little mushroom pizzas! They look so good!

Grapes topped with grapes! Lol! That was cute!

 
At 3:40 pm, Blogger JOCELYN said...

Hey Freedom nice to catch up. I know this is an old post , but I have the cutest picture of Casper on an old blog I must start using, Any way here is the address http://catinahat.wordpress.com/

Now I look at it its rather blurry.
Cheers Joss

 

Post a Comment

<< Home