Sunday, December 24, 2006

Who was it??



Okay come on, own up. Who stole the last year? I can hardly believe that it is Christmas Eve already!!! What the?
This is going to be very short because I have to work today (yes I know, working christmas eve kinda sucks - don't get me started!) Pictured above are Wild Mushroom Fajitas from Shazzie's Detox Your World. They were really yummy, a very nice bledn of scrumptious flavours. Instead of adding It's Not Really Mayonnaise (from the same book) as Shazzie suggested, I blobbed some guacamole on there and that was great.
Although this meal was great, I'll admit I was a tad disappointed. I love button and field mushrooms and I have been wanting to try shiitake for ages but have been unable to find any organic. This week I gave in and bought conventional. Now, maybe organic ones would be better but these mushrooms were nothing special. I like button better! Oh well, doesn't really matter I guess.



For anyone who has never seen one, this is a durian. Aka a small, spiky piece of heaven. And this was a particularly good durian too! As you can see, there are two splits in the skin in this picture. The typical durian has five such splits, each containing two 'pods' or 'pillows' of the most delicious fruit ever. Oh I want another one...

Okay, that's it. Have the merriest Christmas ever!

1 Comments:

At 7:59 am, Blogger Candi said...

Hi!! oh, it's great to be back on blogger. I had to say congratulations on Bliss!!! She is gorgeous! I am sure she is loving all the food she has now!! :) :)

Hope you had a great Christmas, and that your New Year is fun too!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home