Saturday, December 16, 2006

A Blissful Week



My lovely new rattie friend Bliss is going wonderfully, she is LOVING all the scrummy raw vegan food she is getting - her previous owner was a lovely young girl who clearly loved Blass (previously 'Mitsy') very much but was feeding her the standard recommended pet shop food - which looks like small lumps of cardboard. Mmm, yum - cardboard! Not. She digs into green smoothies, fresh fruit, veggies, sprouts, nuts, seeds - everything I give her, she devours. It's like her tastebuds have suddenly been awoken! So cute.

I am absolutely digging into fruit at the moment too - it is all so delicious! Would you like to know my FLOG for today? First I'll tell you what I actually ate, then what it was turned into:

3 bananas
1 pear
1 mango
1 mandarin
5 apples
chinese cabbage
savoy cabbage
1 young coconut
young coconut water
water
1 heaping tsp cacao powder
1 carrot
1/4 red capsicum (bell pepper)
borage (grown in our garden - yum!)
mung bean and lentil sprouts
some zucchini

And all of these delicious things became:

-a big green smoothie
-chocolate mousse
-a salad with a dressing found in the e-book that can be downloaded here This is the e-book that I proof-read and received a $40 voucher for as a present (see my last post) - if you have any interest in raw food (or even if you don't! :-) it is sooo worth the very cheap $10 to download it. Full of great recipes. I made the Sweet Citrus Dressing which was really good but a little heavier than what I was after. It is HOT here! But I love the hot weather.

The salad is in the picture above, by the way.
Sorry this is short - have an awesome day!!

3 Comments:

At 8:21 am, Blogger urban vegan said...

You are amazing!

I just bought another raw food book: Living Cuisine By Renee Loux Underkoffler. I really like it, She is not as militant as
some raw foodists, so it's a good intro for me.

Do you have a dehydrator?

 
At 9:07 am, Blogger Jennifer C. said...

Freedom, Congratulations on Bliss! She is so beautiful. I'm going to be stopping by more often as I'm going to try a raw diet in 2007! I'm counting on you to help me out with some delicious and easy recipes! Thanks for your inspiration.

 
At 8:12 am, Blogger Freedom said...

Thankyou UV! Oooh, I'm jealous of you havin Renee's book - hopefully I'm getting another recipe book (or maybe 'Your Natural Diet', which is all about food combining etc) for christmas. I can kinda see why someone would see some raw foodists as 'militant' - I am about my own diet, but not in a way that causes me any displeasure, and I'm much less so with others, especially anyone who only wants an intro like you - any amount of raw is good in my opinion!

Yes, I indeed do have a dehydrator, in fact I just bought a brand new one!! Check out my last post, I think I mentioned it there.

Jennifer, good to see you back blogging after your break, sorry about the tree on your house!! And thanks for the congrats, Bliss is indeed a beautiful little girl. I can't wait to hear how your raw diet goes in 2007, I'm SOOO glad I've inspired you and I know you will have an absolutely awesome (or should I say rawsome!) time. I'm always here for recipes or other tips!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home