Sunday, July 23, 2006

The World's Best Sandwich



Okay yesterdays post said it would be quick but then wasn't - this one might be the same. Who knows. I'm going to my first raw picnic today and I'm SOOOO excited - I will take lots of pictures and try to give you a full write up tonight, if I have time and can pry Dad away from the computer for long enough.
Anyway, I spent literally the WHOLE day in the kitchen yesterday, except while eating lunch (lounge room) and when I walked to the shop to buy dates. Here is a quick run-down of everything I made:

Real Toast (Juliano's)
Cheeseburger #1 (also Juliano's)
Cashew Coconut Halos (mine, and I promise to post the recipe when they're finished dehydrating and I have a picture)
Veggie crackers (an experiment that wasn't really successful but only used leftovers so wasn't a waste)
Kumquat and Nutmeg Cheezecake (Shazzie's - see last post for a link)
Some desiccated coconut
Dehydrated mushrooms (preparation for dinner)
Also, when all that was done, I made pumpkin and sweet potato soup and a plate of herbed potato fries for Mum's dinner

In between all that I made lunch and I had the WORLD'S BEST SANDWICH!! (pictured above). I placed slices of tomato on a piece of lettuce, smeared avocado on it then added cucumber, spring onions and grated carrot. Then I stuck another piece of lettuce on top and voila! It was so amazingly delicious! Normally I'm not a huge lettuce fan but this was a type of lettuce I've never tried before and it was beautiful - kind of celery-tasting (I love celery). I couldn't believe something so simple could be so tasty but I think that is a result of being raw - you come to really appreciate food for its own unique flavours.



This photo is of my dinner and it came out very badly - I just had stuffed mushrooms and they were really good. I'm kinda craving mushrooms at the moment - the texture is really exciting me! They are on a new plate, the latest addition to my collection of interesting crockery, which my dad bought home from his new office when he and mum went to reorganise it yesterday (who knows why it was there?) Okay, gotta go now :-)

3 Comments:

At 11:30 am, Blogger KleoPatra said...

Wow, that food looks tasty!!! And i love, love, love the plates!!!

How was the picnic? Tell all!!!

 
At 12:25 pm, Blogger Susan Voisin said...

I love the new plate, too!

 
At 10:12 pm, Blogger Freedom said...

Hey Kleo, picnic post coming up...

Hi Susan, good to 'see' you here again - I think the plate is cool too, and it was free! Does it get any better?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home