Friday, May 05, 2006

Harmonias Midweek Munchies Meme
A Veg*n Meme

What wonderful foods did you bring home from the grocery store?

Midweek Munchies: What Freedom is contributing for the week




soymilk
tinned chickpeas
bottled orange and mango juice
tinned pineapple rings
self raising wholewheat flour
walnuts
asparagus
strawberries
bananas
zucchini
mushrooms

apples
oranges (for juicing)
baby spinach

cummin powder
reduced salt soy sauce
fried tofu

I made a wonderful discovery this week - the Asian supermarket just across the road from my normal supermarket. I got soy sauce and tofu SO MUCH cheaper than I normally would. Yay! Plus they have some cool little plates and bowls for $1 each. I didn't get any this week but I have a feeling I may soon...
On top of these things, I will be going to the organic fruit and veg shop tomorrow, as usual and I plan to get:

*tomatoes
*lettuce
*brown onion
*red capsicum
*kale
*broccoli


Oh, and i almost forgot... parsley! Not dried, or a bunch, but an actual plant! I'm so excited - I've been wanting to start a herb garden for ages and I am finally going to do it!

Links to other Midweek Munchies
(If you participate, leave your link in the comments and I'll post it below; or, you can post in the comments)

Click here for the Midweek Munchies code
Click here for Harmonia's blog

Trackbacks, pings, and comment links are accepted and encouraged!
Technorati Tag:

A special thanks to Running2Ks and Rift for all of their help with coding, graphics, and encouragement for this project.

PURPOSE of Midweek Munchies: Put together by a small group of Veg Women, we hope to spread the word about healthy vegetarianism while obtaining idea starters for meals, recipes, learn about new products, and meet other female veg*n bloggers. Visiting and commenting on other participants lists are encouraged but not required. Have fun and Go Veg!

1 Comments:

At 12:10 am, Blogger Regina said...

Looks good! Good luck with your herb garden!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home