Monday, March 20, 2006

My Meal Plan and Some Juice

As promised, I am going to post my weekly meal plan today.I will slowly be posting the recipes I use (although many of them are all done by sitgh without measuring, so that could be fun!) but for now I will just supply their titles and the location of the originals (they are all VERY adapted).

Monday: Sweet and Sour Tofu with Veggies, served over quinoa* (adapted from 'Tofu and Vegetables in Pineapple Curry Sauce from fatfreevegan.com)

Tuesday: Satay Chickpea Pattie on Wholemeal bread (adapted from 'Chickpea Burgers,' which I photocopied out of a recipe book in the waiting room at a doctor's surgery)

Wednesday: Tofu Kebabs with Sweet Tomato-ey Sauce served over quinoa and veggies (cannot remember where this came from but it is nothing like the original)

Thursday: Japanese-style tofu with Stir-fry veggies and cous-cous (how can there be a recipe for stir-fried veggies? The title is the recipe! And the tofu comes out of a packet)

Friday: Muffin pizzas (the 'cheese' sauce I use is adapted from 'Melty Pizza Cheese' found at fatfreevegan.com)

Saturday: Experimentation day

Sunday: Hot Brown Hommus with gnocchi and veggies (adapted from 'Tahini Rotini with Broccoli and Lemon' found at fatfreevegan.com)

So there is my meal plan. As you can see, tonight I will be having sweet and sour tofu... actually, you probably can't see that because whenever I post, it displays the time that I posted as the american time even though I'm in Australia. Anyway, it is currently 4.33pm on Monday the 20.3.06
Now to get onto the juice. Unfortunately I can't post a picture because I didn't think about posting this 'recipe' until after I had drunk the juice, but never mind. Although it is technically autumn here we are still having extremely hot, dry weather - for example, the temperature today was forecast as 37 degrees celsius. I don't know what that is in Fahrenheit but I can tell you this - it is HOT. Not that I'm complaining - I love this weather. So anyway, this afternoon I felt like giving the juicer another work out - after walking home from the bus stop (after being at uni) I needed some serious rehydration. I grabbed two fuji apples and some watermelon (organic, yay) from the fridge, cored and chopped the apple, picked the seeds out of the watermelon and stuck it all through the juicer (god I love that machine!) I then dropped in three frozen grapes (the perfect almost-guiltless snack, especially good for this weather) and left in the freezer for about ten minutes to get a bit cooler. It was DELICIOUS!
Well, after this extremely long post my hands are tired and I'm hot, so I'll sign off now!

* Quinoa is pronounced keenwa and it is a grain which originates from South America. It is high in protein and less bulky than brown rice, which I like - I hate feeling bloated. I recommend trying some if you can get your hands on it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home